Ülkelerden Almanya’nın ingilizce olarak tanıtımı, Almanya hakkında ingilizce bilgiler, gerçekler. Almanya ile ilgili ingilizce yazı.
Almanya İngilizce Tanıtımı
The Federal Republic of Germany, or Germany as it is referred to around the world, consists of 16 states. Its capital and largest city is Berlin. Of all the countries in the European Union Germany is the most populated with more than 80.5 million people. It is believed that there were Germanic tribes as far back as the Nordic Bronze Age. Romans documented Germania prior to AD 100, but towards the end of the 4th century AD German tribes took over. In 1815 the German Federation was formed, and in 1949, following the World Wars, the Federal Republic was established.
Interesting Germany Facts:
- Germany border nine other countries, including Poland, Denmark, Austria, Czech Republic, Switzerland, Belgium, France, the Netherlands, and Luxemburg.
- Germany’s flag is gold, red and black.
- The world’s oldest brewery is located in Freising, Bavaria. It is the Weihenstephaner Brewery and has existed since 1040 when it began as a monastery brewery run by monks.
- Germany is home to the oldest savings bank in the world, which was established in 1786 in Oldenburg.
- The tallest church in the world is in Germany – the Ulm Cathedral, at 530 feet tall.
- The two biggest cuckoo clocks in the world are in Germany, in Schwarzwald and Schonach.
- Germany is the world’s largest exporter of goods and second only to Japan in the number of cars it manufactures.
- There are approximately 20,000 wind turbines in Germany, making it one of the world’s largest producers of wind energy.
There are more than 5,700 museums in Germany.
- There are more than 1,300 breweries in Germany. They make approximately 5,000 different kinds of beer.
- Germans are second only to the Czechs in how much beer they drink.
- The youngest billionaire in the world is from Germany. He is worth an estimated $1.9 billion US.
- Approximately 25% of Americans have some German ancestry.
- The main language in Germany is German.
- Germany’s motto is Einigkeit und Recht und Freiheit which means Unity and Justice and Freedom.
- Germany is often referred to as Land der Dichter und Denker, which means country of poets and thinkers, because of the number of writers, inventors and scientists born there.
- Albert Einstein was German, as were the Grimm brothers.
- Germans are known for delicious food. Many of their dishes are popular around the world today, including black forest cake and sauerkraut, and sausage.
- Germany’s most popular sports are swimming, skiing, tennis and football (soccer).
- Germany is home to Oktoberfest, the world’s biggest fair, held in Munich each year. It runs for 16 days and is famous for the beer and food served during the fair.
- Approximately 7 million liters of beer are served during Oktoberfest.
- The most popular meats in Germany are poultry, beef and pork. They also enjoy game meat such as venison, rabbit and boar.
- Germany is home to the oldest university – Heidelberg University. It was established in 1386.
- Ludwig van Beethoven, Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart, Franz Schubert, Georg Friedrich Handel and Johann Sebastian Bach were all famous composers from Germany.
- Many famous philosophers were German, including Karl Marx.
- Germans discovered insulin.
- Germans can be credited with inventing the light bulb, the calculator and the jet engine.