Aşçılık (cook, chef) mesleğinin ingilizce olarak tanıtılması, kısaca açıklaması. İngilizce Aşçı tanıtım yazısı, görevleri, özellikleri nelerdir?
Aşçı (Cook – Chef) Mesleğinin İngilizce Tanıtımı
Do you know what you want to be when you grow up? If you like cooking, maybe you want to become a chef!
The job of a chef is to manage a kitchen, such as that of a restaurant or bakery. In some instances, a chef who works as the Executive Chef of a larger restaurant or business is mostly in charge of things like developing a menu, finding food vendors, and creating budgets based on the costs of ingredients and the pay of employees. Other times, a chef’s duties are more involved in the direct cooking and preparation of the food being served on a daily basis – it depends on the restaurant or business where a person works. Some chefs also write cookbooks, host TV shows, or teach classes that help people learn how to cook! A chef has to be very creative, using his or her knowledge of food and cooking techniques to create something delicious that people will enjoy!
Most chefs go through training at Culinary School, where they learn a variety of things they’ll need to know, from skills for chopping vegetables, to baking techniques for sweets and pastries, to using teamwork in the kitchen!
Duties and Responsibilities
- Receives food ingredients and supplies from main kitchen and pantry as required for daily operations.
- Reviews production schedule to determine food requirements including variety and quantity of food for preparation and to assemble supplies and equipment needed for daily cooking activities.
- Prepares and displays a wide variety of foods such as vegetables, fruits, meats, soups, salads, simple pastries/breads and cereals in accordance with prescribed recipes using a full range of cooking methods; tests foods being cooked for quality.
- Completes production sheets and other records as required.
- Maintains clean work areas, utensils, and equipment.
- Caters special events as required.
- Attends to day-to-day problems and needs concerning equipment and food supplies; detects and ensures disposition of spoiled or unattractive food, defective supplies/equipment, and/or other unusual conditions.
- May be required to prepare special diets according to prescribed standards.
- May record inventory and/or order stock.
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.