Arkeolog mesleğinin, Archaeologist mesleğinin ingilizce olarak tanıtımı. İngilizce Arkeolog, Archaeologist işe yapar, açıklaması.
İngilizce Arkeolog Mesleğinin Tanıtımı (Archaeologist)
What is an Archaeologist?
Most people’s understanding of archaeology comes from TV shows like Indiana Jones. Unfortunately, there is very little Indiana Jones style adventure in archaeology. Although archaeologists do get to travel to cool places, what they are really looking for is information, not treasure.
Archaeology is one of the main sources we have to unearth history and to piece together the people and cultures that make us who we are today. It is the scientific study of the human past, and is one of the four sub-fields of anthropology.
Archaeologists study the origin, development, and behaviour of human beings and their societies, both past and present. They examine cultures, languages, behaviours, archaeological remains, and physical characteristics of people in many parts of the world. They ask questions and develop theories.
Who are they and what do they do?
The archaeologist’s task is to examine the human past on the basis of remains from earlier times and the conservation of such relics. An archaeologist is usually a member, or head, of a team carrying out archaeological research.
Drawing and building on knowledge from the humanities and social, physical, and biological sciences, archaeologists examine the ways of prehistoric societies in various parts of the world. They also examine the customs, values, and social patterns of different cultures.
To the archaeologist, history is separated into eight distinct time periods. Each time period can also be sub-divided into more specific periods.
What are the activities of the job?
- – preparation of archaeological surveys and research, including studies of existing knowledge of the respective historical period and the locality to be examined, as well as the necessary materials, technology and staff
- – organizing necessary excavation work.
- – examination of structures, subjects, human remains, etc. in the excavated objects and space, searching for them, cleaning and identifying them.
- – taking photographs of the structures discovered, the objects and other relics, compiling a catalogue of them.
- – drawing up maps and schemes of the discovered objects
- – preservation of the objects and other relics that were found