U harfi ile başlayan ingilizce ülkeler, bayrakları ve Türkçeleri nelerdir? U harfiyle ingilizce ülkeler ve anlamları listesi.
U Harfi İle Başlayan İngilizce Ülkeler
|United Arab Emirates||Birleşik Arap Emirlikleri|
|United Kingdom||Birleşik Krallık|
Aşağıda tablodaki ülkelerden birinin ingilizce tanıtımını bulabilirsiniz.
The country of Uruguay is officially named the Oriental Republic of Uruguay. It is located in southeastern South America, bordered by Brazil, Argentina, and the Atlantic Ocean. Uruguay is South America’s second smallest country. Prior to European settlement in 1680, Uruguay was inhabited only by a small tribe called the Charrua, who had been driven out of Paraguay by the Guarani. Although the Spanish tried to settle the area in the 1500s, they met with fierce resistance by the natives. It wasn’t until 1624 after the Spanish had brought cattle to the region, that permanent settlements were established. Uruguay gained its independence in 1825, but political and military conflict ensued until the 2000s but today Uruguay ranks high in peace, democracy and quality of life in South America.
- The name Uruguay originates from the name of the Uruguay River, which itself originates from the Guarani language meaning ‘river of the painted birds’.
- The first European explorer to reach Uruguay was Juan Diaz de Solis, in 1516.
- Uruguay’s capital city and its largest city is Montevideo.
- Uruguay encompassed an area of 68,037 square miles.
- Uruguay’s population is estimated to be more than 3.3 million people.
- The official language of Uruguay is Spanish.
- The only country in South America that is smaller than Uruguay is Suriname.
- Uruguay is Latin America’s only country located completely outside of the tropics.
- Uruguay became the first country in the world to legalize the marijuana trade, in 2013.
- The only two gold Olympic medals that Uruguay has won are the 1924 and 1928 gold medals for football (soccer).
- Uruguay’s monetary unit is the Uruguay peso.
- Major industry in Uruguay includes food processing, transportation equipment, electronic machinery, petroleum products, beverages, chemicals and textiles.
- Major agriculture in Uruguay includes rice, corn, barley, wheat and fishing.
- Major exports from Uruguay include rice, meat, leather products, dairy products, wool and fish.
- Major imports into Uruguay include crude petroleum, automobiles, machinery and chemicals.
- Uruguay’s natural resources include hydropower, fisheries, minerals and arable land.
- There are more than 1.4 million people in Uruguay who use the internet.
- Uruguay celebrates its Independence Day in August 25th to celebrate the day in 1825 when it gained its independence from Brazil. On this day the President hoists the Uruguayan flag, a speech is given by the Vice President, followed by an army parade, and it is common to celebrate the art of Uruguay’s people.
- Uruguay has the longest national anthem in the world. It has 11 verses, followed by the chorus (after each verse), and 105 bars of music. It lasts about 5 minutes.
- Uruguay’s coast is often compared to the Riviera. Uruguay has 500 kilometers of coastline, with beautiful beaches.
- The highest point in Uruguay is Cerro Catedral, at 514 meters.
- Uruguay’s longest river is the Rio Negro.
- Uruguayan cowboys are called Gauchos.
- Uruguay’s climate is a pleasant one, being warm and temperate.
- Uruguay has one of the highest literacy rates in the world.
- On Uruguay’s flag there is a yellow sun in the upper left corner, with a human face.