Deve (camel) hayvanının ingilizce olarak tanıtılması. Deve ingilizce açıklaması, deve hakkında ingilizce bilgiler.
Deve İle İlgili İngilizce Bilgiler
Camels are unique-looking creatures that are easily recognized because of their humps. They live in the desert areas of Africa and Asia. There are 2 types of camel: Dromedary, which has one hump, and Bactrian, which has two humps. Both types can be domesticated. Wild Bactrian camel is on the edge of extinction because domesticated variety eats all their food.
Interesting Camel Facts:
- Camels can reach 7 feet in height (at the hump) and weigh up to 1500 pounds.
- They are specially adapted to the life in desert. Their eyes have three eyelids and two rows of eyelashes that prevent sand to enter their eyes.
- Camel’s ears are furry. Hairs keep the sand and dust away from their ears. Besides ears and eyes, their nostrils prevent the sand from entering by closing in between two breaths.
- Camel can move easily across the sand because of its specially designed feet. Camel’s foot consists of two toes that spread when animal touches the ground and prevents sinking in the sand.
- Camels are mostly famous for their humps. Most people believe that humps store water, but they actually store fat, which animal uses as a source of energy when other food sources are not available.
- Camel can survive without food and water long period of time. Most mammals would die if they lose 15% of their water (critical loss of water is called dehydration), but camel can lose of 20-25% water without becoming dehydrated.
- When they find water, they will drink as much as possible. They can drink up to 40 gallons of water at once.
- Temperature of their body ranges from 34 (during the night) to 41 degrees of Celsius (during the day). They will start sweating when temperature rise over 41 degrees of Celsius.
- Camel’s milk is rich in iron, vitamins and minerals and it is healthier than cow’s milk because it contains less fat.
Camels can run 40 miles per hour.
- When they are provoked, they spit greenish substance from their stomach. Also they can use all four legs to kick their opponent in self defense.
- Camel needs to retain as much water as possible in its body, so it produces urine that is dense as syrup and feces that is so dry, that it can be used as a fuel.
- Camels were used in numerous wars (especially in desert areas) in the past because of their ability to travel long distances without water and food, because they can carry supplies and because they can be consumed when they become old or weak (camel’s meat is used for food and fur for clothing).
- Pregnancy in camel lasts from 9-14 months, depending on the availability of food. They have one calf and it can run few hours after it is born.
- Camels live 40-50 years.